Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies
by Laureen King from ArtandtheKitchen
makes: approximately 3 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, opened and seeds scraped out
- 2 eggs + 1 extra yolk
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Sift together flour, salt and pumpkin spice.
- Using electric mixer beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy -about 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla bean, mix well, then add eggs. Beat to combine.
- Add flour mix a bit at a time, mix until combined.
- Separate dough into 3 disks, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Flour work surface and roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Using desired cookie cutter cut cookies and transfer to cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. (edges just starting to brown)
- Cook completely on cookie sheets before moving.
- Decorate with Royal Icing.
YODA LIKES COOKIES!