o 3 sticks softened butter (1 ½ cups)
o 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
o 1 vanilla bean, opened and seeds scraped out
o 2 eggs + 1 extra yolk
o 2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
o 3 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
o 1 tsp. salt
1. Sift together flour, salt & pumpkin spice.
2. Using an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy—5 minutes. Add vanilla bean, mix well then add eggs. Beat to combine.
3. Slowly add the flour mix until the dough is smooth.
4. Then separate the dough and wrap it in 3 separate pieces. Place in the fridge and chill for at least one hour.
5. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line several cookie sheets with parchment paper.
6. Remove one disk at a time. Flour a work surface and roll the disk out to 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. The more times you roll out the dough the tougher it gets. Use a thin spatula to transfer the cookies onto the baking sheets.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes. (edges just starting to brown)
8. Cool completely on the cookie sheets before moving.
Preparation time: 1 hour(s) 30 minute(s) Make approximately 3 dozenclick link for Royal Icing Recipe
YODA LIKES COOKIES!