Vanilla-Butternut Squash Bisque
by Laureen King from ArtandtheKitchen
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup finely chopped onion
2 teaspoons minced garlic
6 cups vegetable stock
4 cups cooked butternut squash, puréed
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and scraped, seeds reserved
1 tsp. salt
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/3 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
*crisp bacon, chives or croutons for garnish
• In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the
onion and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, approximately 4 minutes.
• Add the stock and puréed squash, reduce heat to medium, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
• Using a blender, purée soup.
• Return the puréed soup to the pot over medium-low heat. Add the cream, vanilla bean seeds, and salt. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the soup is hot.
• Stir in the white pepper and cheese. Top each portion with garnish, and serve immediately.
Serve with Butternut Squash Scones!
Perfect for lunch with the ladies.