Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
by Laureen King from ArtandtheKitchen
Prep Time: 15mins Cook Time: 15 mins Serves: 4-6
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
- All purpose flour
- 2 shallots, finely sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried
- Melt butter with olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dust chicken with flour; shake off excess.
- Add chicken to skillet and sauté until light brown and just cooked through, about 5-8 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to plate.(keep warm).
- Add shallots to skillet and sauté 2 minutes.
- Deglaze skillet with white wine,
- Add whipping cream, chopped sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
- Bring to slow boil; cooking until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan; cook until just heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Cut up chicken, salt and pepper and dust with flour
Heat butter and olive oil in skillet, brown chicken 5-8 minutes
Remove chicken, add shallots and sauté 2 minutes,then deglaze skillet with white wine.
Add sun dried tomatoes, cream, basil. Bring to slow boil and cook until sauce thickens-about 5 minutes
Add chicken back to skillet and cook for another 5 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper. Serve with pasta or rice.