So I bought a large container of coconut oil, it is suppose to be good for you, right? Now what do I do with coconut oil. Firstly I tried frying my Panko Crusted Chicken in it. No go, my husband didn't like chicken tasting like coconut. Secondly, a friend said she just ate it out of the jar, a couple of teaspoons a day. No go, I felt like I was eating Crisco. Then luck was on my side when I saw a great looking recipe by Kasey's Kitchen for Super Simple Coconut Bark. So thanks Kasey and here is my version of very yummy tasting Coconut Bars.
Chocolate Covered Coconut Bars
recipe from Kasey's Kitchen photos by Laureen King
Prep Time: 15 mins Set Time: 30 mins Makes: 12 squares
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 12 ounces organic dark chocolate
- Warm coconut oil just until it is liquified.
- Add shredded coconut, and honey.
- Combine well.
- Line shallow baking pan with parchment paper.
- Press mixture into baking pan, freeze or refrigerate until solid.
- Melt chocolate and spread over coconut.
- Cut into squares and keep refrigerated.