Whole Grain Pasta with Shrimp and Wine Sauce
by Laureen King from Artandthekitchen
- 12 ounces cooked shrimp
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped red peppers
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow peppers
- 3/4 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp instant chicken bouillon
- 2 tsp fresh basil (or 1 tsp dried)
- 14 ounces hot cooked pasta
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup snipped parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper.
- Thaw shrimp if frozen.
- In skillet heat 2 tbsp of olive oil, sauté onion, mushrooms, peppers and zucchini until cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in wine, bouillon, basil.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat, simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
- Add cooked shrimp and simmer for about 5 more minutes.
- Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Toss with pasta.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan and chopped parsley.
- Cook pasta as per instructions on the package label.